Wednesday, January 21, 2009

¡pingüinos!

Yesterday afternoon we went to see the penguin colony down here, called los pingüinos magallanes. It was, as it was all day yesterday, super windy ... but it was so cool to see the penguins! they´re soooooooo cute!!! i took tons of pictures and we watched them hang out for a while. they´re so curious and they have such personality!

Today we spent the day wandering around Punta Arenas doing whatever we wanted. We walked around the market in the central square and shopped some, then spent the rest of the day just hanging out around town. We made friends with a stray dog, that we´ve named Pablito - a german shephard mix - and he followed us around for a while. We found a really wonderful little dessert/cafe called Chocolatta that we love going to. They have wonderful chocolate and lots of yummy drinks. Needless to say, we went there for a bit. :)

Punta Arenas is great, and I´m really starting to love Chile. I had a wonderful conversation with a man in the central square while I was looking at post cards. While we were talking he asked where in Chile I was from and was shocked when I told him I am a student from the states. He said I speak very well and have a wonderful accent, especially since Spanish is not my first language. I was very flattered. So we chatted for a while. I love speaking Spanish!!!

Until later,

Ciao!
Adrianne

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yay! I'm so proud of you! What a great compliment! I wish I could have seen the penguins too! Love and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So delighted you saw the penguins. Hope you touch the waters of the Straits of Magellan. The Towers of Paine's Park, Patagonia are stunning as are the glacier's on Lake Grey. Glad you like Chile. So happy for your travels. Love you. LeeA

    ReplyDelete